Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations
The Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations is designed for those who want to work as CCTV Operators and require a licence to practise. The qualification is endorsed by the Security Industry (SIA) and learners who complete it successfully can apply to the SIA for a licence.
Basic level of English literacy and numeracy are assumed. You must also be able to provide proof of Identification and proof of address as per SIA guidelines.
This course is now separated into three Units:
- Working in the Private Security Industry
- Working as a CCTV operator
- Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment
1) Working in the Private Security Industry:
It is recommended that 10 hours should be allocated for this unit. This may be on a full-time or part time basis.
- Know the purpose and main features of the private security industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Understand relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety
- Know how to deal with non-fire related workplace Emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
2) Working as a CCTV operator:
It is recommended that 14 hours should be allocated for this unit. This may be on a full-time or part time basis.
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand how to make effective use of CCTV Equipment
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
3) Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment:
It is recommended that 8 hours should be allocated for this unit. This may be on a full-time or part time.
- Be able to operate CCTV equipment
- Be able to demonstrate operational use of a CCTV System
On successful completion of this approved training course, delegates would then be eligible to apply for their SIA Licence (Upon SIA approval / CRB Check).
Duration: 4 days | Delegates: 10 | Venue: RT Training Solutions in Ipswich