The following are mandatory requirements, failure to comply may result in candidates being refused entry to course/s:
̶ Candidates MUST bring along personal photographic identification (Passport, Driving License or Sentinel card).
̶ Candidates MUST wear appropriate clothing suitable for the relevant practical elements of the course; Shorts, Vests and open-toed shoes are not permitted. If unsure of requirements please contact the office and request confirmation.
̶ Candidates MUST be literate in English. Please inform us in advance of any reading and/or writing disabilities that require us to provide additional 1-2-1 assistance during examinations. Full confidentially will be maintained.
Sentinel Safety Critical Courses or Assessments
̶ Candidates MUST bring along the relevant work experience log book where applicable. Please seek confirmation of the documentation required from the candidates Sentinel Sponsor prior to attendance.
̶ Candidates are required to bring approved PPE and that MUST include full orange, googles & safety footwear.
̶ Candidates MUST be able to converse in English. Please inform us in advance of any reading and/or writing disabilities that require us to provide additional 1-2-1 assistance during examinations. Full confidentially will be maintained.
̶ Candidates must have completed any e-learning required prior to attendance. If unsure please confirm with your Sentinel Sponsor prior to attendance.
̶ Candidates MUST bring along their logbook/s and their completed self-assessment forms.
Signalling or Telecoms Courses
̶ Candidates who have an IRSE logbook are advised to bring it with them to enable the trainer to update it.
̶ Candidates MUST provide RT Training Solutions Ltd with a copy of their existing Certificate/s of Competence that shows expiry date.
City & Guilds Electrical Training
̶ Candidates MUST be in possession of the appropriate code of practice / regulations / standards literature. Please call us on 01473 242344 for clarification.
Terms and Conditions of Business
RT Training Solutions Ltd (hereinafter called RTTS):
These terms and conditions apply to any course, room or event booking/s (hereafter referred to as ‘course’) and are to be read in conjunction with the course summary if issued and mandatory candidate requirements .
- In order to book a course/s with RTTS:
- An enquiry is lodged by telephone or via other means with RTTS and a course summary issued by RTTS.
- Upon confirmation the customer wishes to proceed, the enquiry will be processed as a provisional booking and a booking form will be issued for acceptance (including these terms and conditions, the joining instructions, the course details and any amounts due for the course/s).
- A provisional booking secures space/s on the course for 2 working days only, after this period the space/s will be made available to other customers.
- In order to secure the course/s, booking forms must be signed and returned to RTTS within 2 working days. Forms received after this time could be rejected as the space/s may have been offered to other customers.
- For the avoidance of doubt, space/s are not secured until RTTS are in possession of a signed booking form.
- The booking form should be completed in full including the full name and address of the customer, the address to be invoiced (if different), signed and returned to RTTS.
- Once RTTS have received the signed booking form, the services (that is any course, room or event bookings) are deemed to have started under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. The booking form will be processed and a confirmation e-mail will be sent that includes any necessary invoice/s. Payment is due in full no later than 14 days prior to commencement of the course/s at which point the full fee becomes payable in accordance with cancellation policy below. Bookings made less than 21 days prior to the start of the course/s will require immediate payment.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry where payment has not been received in full prior to the first day of the course/s as detailed above.
- Following completion of the course/s, certificates and any other documentation held will not be released until all payments then due to RTTS for this course/s, or any other liabilities the customer has to RTTS, have been made in full.
- Credit accounts are available but will be subject to application and approval. These will not normally be offered for one-off bookings or individuals.
- For customers who have been offered and have previously agreed credit accounts, course/s may be provisionally booked upon receipt of a purchase order whereby a booking form for signature will be issued. Please be aware course space/s are not secured until RTTS are in receipt of a signed booking form.
- Payments shall be made via bank transfer to our Bank of Scotland account or by cheque. RTTS bank details are as follows:
RT Training Solutions Sort Code: 12-16-39 Account Number: 10003568
- RTTS are able to accept card payments online but only through PayPal. Should you wish to make payment via PayPal please provide RTTS an e-mail address to which the request for payment will be sent.
- Payment of credit account invoices shall be made within 30 days from invoice date.
- All course/s fees are subject to addition of VAT at the current rate. A VAT invoice will be provided.
- RTTS are not able to accept any payment at our premises.
- RTTS reserves the right to charge late payment interest at 3% per annun on any outstanding invoice.
- RTTS reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/s without liability except the return of fees paid by the Client.
- Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 every distance booking (bookings received via website, email or telephone) has an initial cooling off cancellation period of 15 days. This commences from the date on the signed booking form whereby a customer of RTTS can cancel the course/s and receive a full refund of any related fees paid. After this initial cooling off period charges as per cancellation policy clause 4 apply.
- When booking a course/s 15 days or less prior to the Course start date, you agree that the service provided by RTTS is deemed to have commenced and you agree to waive your right to cancel your booking and receive a full refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. In such instances, the cancellation policy as per the following clause applies.
- Customer cancellations must be made in writing and may incur a fee. A model cancellation form is available on our website or can be requested from your contact at RTTS. The cancellation fee structure is as follows:
Notice Period Percentage of fees due
31 + Days or within cooling off period No fee
21-30 Days 25% of course fees
15-20 Days 50% of course fees
14 days or less 100% of course fees
- RTTS does not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to delegate’s property, belongings or persons whether at their own site or any other unless under statutory liability.
- RTTS does not accept liability for any detrimental or damaging act by its staff or agents except for its statutory liability.
- Car parking facilities are available at our Ipswich locaton, please ensure you park in the rear car park to the right of the main building. No liability will be accepted for any loss or damage to property whilst using these facilities.
- Any breakages or damages to RTTS property must be reported and a discretionary charge may be made.
Location of Assessments, Accommodation, Dress Code & Smoking
- The location of assessments must be agreed at time of booking. Any customer changes to location will incur both hotel cost/s and additional mileage charges of 45p per mile if necessary with a £25 administration fee.
- Delegates are responsible for arranging their own overnight accommodation, a list of hotels is available.
- The dress code is stated within the Mandatory Candidate Requirements. Failure to comply with this may result in delegates not being permitted to attend the course/s.
- Smoking and the use of E-cigarettes is not permitted within any building at our Ipswich location, however a designated smoking area is provided outside. Off-site courses the location of the smoking area will be advised.
Specific Needs, Equality & Diversity
- RTTS aims to ensure courses are accessible to all. Please inform us if you have any specific needs, such as dietary or access requirements, at the earliest possible opportunity so we can discuss your requirements.
- In line with our E&D policy, please inform us if you have any special requirements that we can accommodate.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between RTTS and any customer of RTTS. They take precedence over all other terms of business previously issued by RTTS, any Terms and Conditions issued by a customer or contained within a customers purchase order.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- RTTS will hold all data strictly in accordance the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and, after 25th May 2018, storage of data will then be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). For further information, the RTTS Privacy Notice can be found on our website at www.rttrainingsolutions.co.uk