All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection (GDPR).
2.1 The Data Officer (HR Manager) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to the Company collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All employees/staff of the Company who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secure.
3. Privacy Notice
RT Training Solutions Ltd (“RTTS,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Website, individuals who register to use the Services and individuals who register to attend the Company’s Courses. This Privacy Notice describes RTTS privacy practices in relation to the use of the Company’s Website and the related applications, services, and courses offered by RTTS (collectively, the “Services”), as well as individuals’ choices regarding use, access and correction of personal information. RTTS services comply the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have questions or complaints regarding RTTS Privacy Notice or associated practices, please contact our HR manager on 01473 242354.
3.1 Who collects the information
RT Training Solutions Ltd, 91 Dales Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 4JR is a “data controller” and gathers and uses certain information about you.
3.2 Data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out by the General Data Protection (GDPR) and the RTTS data protection policy which can be viewed upon request.
3.3 The information we collect and hold
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the RTTS services, or registering to use the website or other services, RTTS requires you to provide the Company with personal contact information, such as
- Company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”).
- Billing information
- Billing name and address, credit card number
- Number of employees/delegates within your organization that will be using the services (“Billing Information”).
- Delegates applying for a job with the Company, RTTS may also require you to submit additional personal information as well as a resume or curriculum vitae (“Applicant Information”).
Some of the categories listed may not apply to you.
Optional Information and any other information you submit to RTTS to or through the services are referred to collectively as “Data.”
- Details of your qualifications, experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and working hours) and interests;
- Limited Company/Umbrella company details
- Your racial or ethnic origin, sex and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs;
- Information regarding your criminal record;
- Details of your referees.
- Information about your previous academic and/or employment history, including details of any conduct, grievance or performance issues, appraisals, time and attendance, from references obtained about you from previous employers and/or education providers;
- Information regarding your academic and professional qualifications;
- Information regarding your criminal record, in criminal records certificates and enhanced criminal records certificates;
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information;
- A copy of your driving licence.
Some of the categories listed may not apply to you.
As you navigate the Company’s Website, RTTS may also collect information using commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Company’s Web sites (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked).
3.4 Why we collect the information and how we use it
The Company uses Data about RTTS Customers to perform the services requested:
- RTTS Delegates for training and certification purposes
- RTTS Customers and Attendees for marketing purposes
- RTTS uses credit card information solely to collect payment
- To take steps to enter into a contract;
- For compliance with a legal obligation (for example, our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom);
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
- RTTS uses Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company’s Web sites.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
3.5 How we collect the information
We may collect this information from you, your company, your employer, your referees (details of whom you will have provided), your education provider, the relevant professional body, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Home Office.
3.6 How we may share the information
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as but not limited to–
- Service providers
- RTTS Affiliates
- Rail clients
- For recruitment purposes
- Training Providers
- Rail Sponsors
Usually, information will be made anonymous, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
3.7 Where information may be held
Information may be held at our office and those of our service providers as described above.
3.8 How long we keep your information
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. How long we keep your information will depend on the nature of the information concerned and the purposes for which it is processed.
3.9 Your rights to correct, access and to ask for you information to be erased
Please contact Nadine French, HR Manager 01473 242354 if you would like to request access or correct information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice (in accordance with applicable law). You also have the right to ask us for some but not all the information we hold and process to be erased (known as the “right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances. We will provide you with further information about the right to be forgotten, if you ask for it.
3.10 Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
4. How to complain
Nadine French, HR Manager is here to resolve any issues you may have, however in the unlikely instance your issue can cannot be resolved with us you can contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.